While off-grid living brings its own dynamics of excitement to the table, without proper planning and infrastructure, things can get quite stressful. Many people are looking for affordable tiny homes for sale but it’s important to determine which structure would benefit them. Here, we will discuss the four main off-grid living solutions quite popular in the U.S.
It must be pointed out here that choosing a proper structure for living is paramount. This is because choosing the wrong structure to live in can have detrimental impacts that start right from the initial transition period and affect everything from comfort to lifestyle and even relationships. Not just that, if you have to make a change just because your first option didn’t cater to your long-term needs and preferences, that will have great financial implications as well. With that in mind, let’s start.
DIY yurts have garnered immense popularity over the last few years. Yurts first originated in Mongolia and soon went on to hold a special place in the hearts of people worldwide. Here are some of the benefits of choosing to live in yurts.
- Effortless Setup: A yurt kit can be easily set up within a day. However, depending on the use and size, the time could be three to five days. A person to assist you and some basic tools are all needed to set up a yurt.
- Durable: Living Intent Yurts Co, a trusted tiny house builder listed here at TinyHouseMe, manufactures top-of-the-line yurt homes that are supremely engineered to withstand heavy rain, wind speed of up to 70 mph, heavy rainfall, and even decent snowfall. Thus, it goes without saying that they sport exceptional durability.
- Lightweight and Easy to Transport: The DIY yurt kits can be the best fit for nomadic people. You can carry them wherever you want. If you want to set up your dream yurt in an off-beat location, carrying the DIY pieces will not be a tough task at hand.
Container houses have become the talk of the town in the U.S. What makes them all the more popular is their industrial or modern look. So much so that even a few TV series on container houses are broadcast all over the U.S. So, let’s take a look at some of its mind-boggling benefits:
- Multiple Units or Stackable: One can make a larger living space by connecting or stacking one container upon another. Ensure you strictly adhere to the engineering weight limits and structural guidelines while setting up container houses, and you can bring a new dimension of creativity to your living space.
- Cost-Effective: If you want to downsize and reside in a single or double unit, a container house can be extremely handy while being the most affordable option. The best part of buying container houses from our listed builders, like Custom Container Living and Alternative Living Spaces, is that the container houses come prebuilt, but you can also ask for a custom-made one built especially for your needs. For a prebuilt one, all you need to do is to construct the base and set the container house in place, and you will be good to go.
- Rectangular Shape: Most of us are familiar with rectangular-shaped houses, and container houses fit the role like none other. These structures are the most affordable tiny homes for sale available in the market. You can find plenty of such structures at TinyHouseMe. Sign up to book an appointment with the builders at the earliest.
Have you ever dreamt of visiting Tattooing in Star Wars or have you watched the movie Martian? If not, you must watch the movie at the earliest. Yes, we are referring to Dome Houses here! You should check out the Dome houses built by our listed trusted builders, like Pacific Domes, Natural Spaces Domes, and Monolithic Dome.
This type of house first proved extremely useful when organizations like the Red Cross cleaned up when homes were required during natural disasters. These domes served as a durable and quick shelter for people whose living arrangements were utterly destroyed in the wake of an earthquake, flood, hurricane, etc. Let’s take a look at some of its benefits:
- Quick Set up: With the basic power tools on hand and at least people to assist you, a dome can be set up easily within 3 hours right from scratch.
- Durability: You can expect 50+ years of life span for dome houses. The dome houses you find here are made from a unique material that helps them withstand earthquakes, heavy rain, and even heavy snow.
Tiny houses are a rage in 2023. Many TV series share stories about people downsizing and moving into a tiny house on wheels. These houses are a perfect match for those who want to lead off-grid and live a nomadic lifestyle. Here are some of the pros of living in tiny houses:
- Cost-Effective: The builders listed here at TinyHouseMe, like American Tiny House, offer tiny houses at prices starting from $67,800. However, the prices can be slightly lower if you opt for DIY construction.
- No Mortgage: Like any other non-traditional house, tiny houses do not qualify for mortgage loans. So, you must pay cash for your tiny house and live in the free and clear. Truth be told, that’s an excellent feeling to have. However, if you are looking for financing options, TinyHouseMe can offer helpful assistance and advice.
- Freedom of Movement: Tiny houses are not always built on wheels. You can have a home built on a foundation and then hitch it up on a vehicle, and you will witness a change of scenery in no time. This makes moving your house a breeze.
So, these are our four main types of off-grid living options. Make sure to gauge the pros of each and every type before placing your order for affordable tiny homes for sale. Here, at TinyHouseMe, we feature a list of multiple trusted tiny house builders all across the U.S. and Canada, offering yurt kits, container houses, dome houses, tiny houses, and more. Connect with the builders via TinyHouseMe, and we will place you in front of the line for the builders.